Janet Owen has been the top producer for the last twenty consecutive years and is in the top one half of 1% in the entire city of Chicago. Her approach to sales is upscale, energetic, effective and results driven. Janet specializes in the Gold Coast, Lincoln Park, DePaul and Michigan Avenue/Streeterville neighborhoods, and she has sold over $500 million in residential single family homes, condominiums and cooperatives. Janet has also recently broken three real estate records. She sold a Gold Coast single family home for $6.8 million, a Lincoln Park single family home for the full asking price of $8.5 million and a Streeterville penthouse for $6.4 million. Expect the best!
Click here for Chicago Magazine’s pictorial article featuring Janet Owen entitled "Friendly Persuasion"
- 2012 Prudential Real Estate Chairman's Circle Diamond Award winner, the highest level of achievement awarded by Prudential (CLICK HERE FOR AWARD)
- 2012 Prudential Real Estate Fine Homes International Top of the Rock Award
- 2012-2010 Selected as "LuxeHome 25" Top 25 Luxury Real Estate Agents in the City of Chicago and Suburbs (CLICK HERE FOR AWARD)
- 2012-1989 Top 1% in entire City of Chicago recognized by the Chicago Association of Realtors
- 2012-2010 Gold Award for Top Real Estate Production in entire City of Chicago from Chicago Association of Realtors (and Top Individual Seller (Non Team) at Prudential Rubloff Properties)
- 2011 Prudential Real Estate Chairman's Circle Gold Award winner
- 2010 Top Producer Award by Chicago Agent Magazine
- 2010-1989 Golden Eagle Award for top dollar volume
- Diamond Club Award (Illinois Association of Realtors)
- The President’s Silver Circle Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Real Estate Community
- Golden Eagle Award for Excellence in Performance
- Chicago Association of Realtors Co-op Sales Award
- Junior League of Chicago (Sustaining Member)
- UNICEF Chicago (Past Member of Board of Directors)
- The Arts Club of Chicago
- Woman’s Athletic Club of Chicago (Past Member of Board of Directors)
- Parkways Foundation (Immediate Past Member of Board of Directors)
- The English Speaking Union (Member of Board of Directors)
- The Guild of the Chicago History Museum
- Costume Council of the Chicago History Museum
- Various neighborhood associations
- Women's Council of Realtors
- The Executives Club of Chicago
- National Association of Realtors
- Illinois Association of Realtors
- Chicago Association of Realtors
- March, 2013. Janet Owen's listing 1866 N. Howe St. in Lincoln Park is featured in NBC's Open House "Square Feet" segment (CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO) and Chicago Magazine's Deal Estate (CLICK HERE FOR ARTICLE AND VIDEO) giving a tour of a stunning contemporary 11,000 square foot home.
- November, 2012. Appeared on "The List" in the latest issue of Michigan Avenue Magazine; anonymous author naming who's who in Chicago (CLICK HERE FOR ARTICLE).
- October, 2012. Featured in Michigan Avenue Magazine article, "Haute Property: Life in the Clouds" reviewing her two recent penthouse sales of $6M+ in 2012 (CLICK HERE FOR ARTICLE).
- October, 2012 and 2011. Selected two years in a row by clients, peers and industry experts as Chicago Five Star Professional Real Estate Agent, featured in special section of Chicago Magazine (CLICK HERE FOR AWARD).
- June, 2012. Featured in Chicago Magazine’s Deal Estate article and accompanying video “A Lake View Penthouse That's Really a Penthouse" (CLICK HERE FOR ARTICLE AND VIDEO).
- May, 2012. Janet's listing 800 N. Michigan Avenue #5101 at Park Tower is featured on NBC’s LXTV Open House segment “Square Feet” giving a tour of a fantastic home in the sky with non-stop views (CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO).
- April, 2012. Janet's listing 199 E. Lake Shore #5E is featured on NBC’s LXTV Open House segment “Square Feet” giving a tour of a luxurious cooperative apartment with views of Lake Michigan (CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO).
- 2012. Sterling Level Contributor to RPAC to successfully advocate for a business environment favorable to REALTORS and their clients as private property owners.
- December, 2011. Featured spotlight in Chicago Agent Magazine's Cover Story "2012 Predictions" in the December 19th issue (CLICK HERE FOR ARTICLE).
- October, 2011. Featured in Chicago Magazine's 3-page article "The New New Rules of Real Estate" written by Dennis Rodkin, describing the way the market has changed in the past few years. Janet gives her observations and knowledge of what both Buyers and Sellers must do to success in today's changing real estate climate (CLICK HERE FOR ARTICLE).
- October, 2011. Featured in Chicago Magazine’s Deal Estate article “Chicago-Area Chateaus Hit Price Plateau”. 2 of the top 5 most expensive sales in Chicago from July 2010 to June 2011 were Janet Owen’s listings (CLICK HERE FOR ARTICLE).
- May, 2011. Featured in “My Style” section of Chicago Agent Magazine’s May issue (CLICK HERE FOR ARTICLE).
- April, 2011. Featured on NBC’s LXTV Open House segment “Square Feet” giving a tour of a prestigious cooperative listing in Lincoln Park (CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO).
- April, 2011. Michigan Avenue Magazine 2011 “Big Ticket Broker” in “Living Large” section for the 60610 and 60611 zip code.
- January, 2011. Today’s Chicago Woman “Top Women in Real Estate; The Residential Real Estate Hall of Fame.”
- October, 2010. Owen lists and sells Jamie Dimon JPMorgan Chase home at 25 E. Banks for $6.8M, the highest recorded sale in recent history in the Gold Coast (CLICK HERE FOR ARTICLE IN THE WALL STREET JOURNAL WHERE JANET IS QUOTED ABOUT THIS HOME).
- August, 2010. Owen lists and sells $8.5M home for full price, the highest recorded sale in Lincoln Park in August 2010 (CLICK HERE FOR ARTICLE IN CRAINS CHICAGO BUSINESS). News of sale also appears in Chicago Tribune (CLICK HERE FOR ARTICLE AND SCROLL DOWN). Same home, goes under contract quickly, May 2010 (CLICK HERE FOR ARTICLE).
- May, 2010. USA Today article regarding Howe Street house as most expensive home on market in Chicago (CLICK HERE FOR ARTICLE AND SCROLL DOWN).
- April, 2010. Appeared on ChicagoMag.com tour given for 2430 North Lakeview Avenue #17PH (CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO).
- February, 2010. Appeared on WGN and CLTV’S HomesPlus segment for 1930 North Howe (CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO).
- September, 2009. Panelist consisting of the 3 top agents in Chicago. Chicago VIP Luxury Summit. “The Luxury Buyer: Where We’ve Been and Where We’re Going.”
- September, 2009. Luxury Presentation Given to Sotheby’s Office. (CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO).
- April, 2009. Appeared on CLTV’S HomesPlus segment, “Home Tour: Living Large in Lincoln Park” (CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO).
- April, 2009. Appeared in ChicagoMag.com Deal Estate section, feature article and video “On the Market: A Contemporary Home Blooms on Magnolia” (CLICK HERE FOR ARTICLE & VIDEO).
- October, 2008. Appeared in Michigan Avenue Premier Edition, cited as “Big Ticket Broker” in article, “Living Large”.
- November, 2007. Appeared in Metro Chicago feature article “Janet Owen; The Joy of Real Estate”.
- August, 2006. Appeared in Chicago Magazine 8-page feature article “Friendly Persuasion” (Best of Chicago issue).
- March, 2006. Appeared on the cover of Real Estate Executive Magazine with feature article.
- April, 2004. Chicago Tribune Magazine. Picture and feature article in Luxury Section; Upper Bracket Agents.
- January, 2004. Chicago Agent Magazine cover of premier issue; “$225 million: How Do They Do It?”April, 2000. Chicago Tribune Magazine. Prominently featured in article “The Essence of Luxe; The World of High End Real Estate”.
- July 13, 1998. Television guest appearance on WCIU-TV “Stock Market Observer Profile”. Fifteen minute live interview on real estate.
- April, 1998. Pictorial article and interview in Today’s Chicago Woman.
- February 20, 1998. Television guest appearance on WCIU-TV “The Real Estate Show”. Twenty minute live interview on real estate.
- Monthly guest speaker on WCBR-FM real estate segment of “About Money” radio show. Janet spoke about the market, her current listings, etc. (Tapes available.)
Janet has been frequently quoted in the Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun Times, Crain’s Chicago Business, Chicago Agent Magazine, Chicago Magazine, ChicagoMag.com, UrbanTurf.com and Forbes.com.